Monday 2 November 2009

What Is This Blog About ?

Who Should Read This Blog ?

This blog is dedicated to English speakers who want to learn French. Because they like it, need it for any reason, or because they came to live here, in France, and want to be able to communicate with french people, in a more sophisticated way than just saying 'Bonjour' when they come to meet one of us.

Who Am I ?

I am just a Frenchman who knows how to speak English rather good. My neighbors, here in a charming french village, are american citizens and I got the idea of this blog after a few tries of teaching them my language.

What Are You Going to Read Here ?

Short posts, one idea at a time. I am not a professional teacher, I just want to provide things that can be used immediately in everyday's conversation. There will be posts for absolute beginners and for a bit more experienced people. I will categorize my posts by three levels : Beginners, intermediate and advanced. From my personal experience, I think the best way to learn a language is reading and listening (I will provide audio files, how else can you learn how to talk ?) short lessons but practicing everyday or almost.

Take care and enjoy this blog !

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this very much and am going to recomend this to my Anglo friends. I think you have explaned the learning process between French and English. I look forward to more. Ajs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the first comment Andie ! I would be glad you send the link to all your friends.
    Your comments are a good source of motivation to me. They tell me I am not doing this for nothing.
    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete